In the event of an Emergency with the quality of the drinking water for the Borough of Quakertown customers, we will notify you via an automated call from our SwiftReach System. Information will also be available here with specific steps and precautions that need to be taken.
If you are notified of a Boil Advisory please follow the tips listed below:
- Do not drink tap water
- Do not use ice made from recent tap water
- Do not use tap water to make drinks, juices, or fountain soft drinks
- Do not allow water to contact open wounds. Otherwise, wash your hands and bathe as usual. Bathing is safe as long as no water is swallowed
- Wash dishes, fruits and vegetables in boiled water or water that has been disinfected with bleach
- Brush your teeth with boiled water or commercially bottled water
- Cook with tap water ONLY if the food will be boiled for at least one minute
- Do not drink the water without boiling it first. Bring all water to a boil, let it boil for one minute, and let it cool before using, or use commercially bottled water. Boiling kills bacteria and other organisms in the water
- People with severely compromised immune systems, infants, and some elderly may be at increased risk. These people should seek advice about drinking water from their health care providers.