Preparing for a Storm
- During normal business hours of Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm call Borough Hall at 215-536-5001 to report your outage. After normal business hours call the Borough of Quakertown’s emergency telephone number, 215-721-3520.
- Have at least one standard non-cordless telephone or a cellular phone available to make calls.
- Have a flashlight with fresh batteries on each floor of your home.
- Avoid using candles; a battery-operated lantern would be a better bet. If using candles, never leave them unattended.
- Have a battery-powered clock.
- Have a supply of bottled water and easy-to-prepare, non-perishable foods available for extended outages. Make sure you have enough water for drinking and cooking.
- Have sensitive electronic appliances, like microwave ovens, televisions and computers, protected with a voltage surge suppressor. The suppressor can eliminate the surge from lightning, fallen poles or other accidents before the surge can enter equipment and protects valuables from damage. If appliances are not protected, unplug them before a storm.